It’s always a tiring day at the end of each day for most of us. We went to work. We made time for workout. We did our chores. We were mindful of our eating. And now we need to have a restful sleep. Sleep is important as it is that time when our body does its job to repair damaged cells and tissues in our body. People who constantly lack a good night’s rest are prone to having heart disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, stroke and diabetes. You wouldn’t want to be one of those people now, would you? So here are 10 techniques to have the best sleep every time.
- Prepare Your Bedroom – Make it conducive for sleeping.
- Keep a Notepad Nearby – Write down whatever is bugging you so you don’t have to worry about it in your sleep.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation – This involves tensing your muscles and relaxing them again.
- Humming – It has a calming effect on the nervous system similar to deep breathing.
- Sound Meditation – Natural sounds of the ocean and trees swaying in the wind are treated by our brain as non-threats so we can all fall asleep faster.
- Breathing Exercise – Try breathing in for 4 seconds then breathing out for 8 seconds.
- Guided Imagery – Practice thinking of happy thoughts with images that make you feel relaxed and happy.
- Have the Right Bedtime Snack – Drink herbal tea like lavender, chamomile or mint before going to bed. Or eat bananas, low-fat yogurt and berries.
- Bed is for sleep – Never lie in bed awake. If you can’t sleep, get up and do your bedtime routine again.
- Mindfulness – Always be aware of what you’re doing and the purpose of why you’re doing things.
Start practicing these ten techniques tonight and start experiencing sleep more relaxing than before.
To read the full article, please head to this link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/sweet-dreams?utm_term=.qmy1wm6zV#.xjoPmM1Gv
Here is another resource you can look into: http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20459221,00.html
Watch this related video to help you fall asleep fast!
Excited to sleep now?